Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Johnny's Psalm



O' Lord, again i am here
my heart toubled, and yes, selfish
i'm able to keep the thought from passing through my lips,
yet my heart is still corrupt..."another f***ing day"

free my soul from this bondage, My God Almighty,
on and on and on, i think of me, and complain
Lord, redeem me from my ungreatful ways,
why, why, o' Lord do i seek my ease, my enjoyment

my heart is wicked, yea, i am a sinful man
Lord, many days i hate and fight your ways,
those around me seem to prosper and have more fun,
yet Lord, where could i go?

it's so simple, Lord...yet i fight, deny your greatness,
deny You are God, oh that i only have a glimpse of my
utter wickedness..i could not bare it.
i sin Lord, and for just two horrible reasons.

i want to do what is right with me, what's fun for me.
i feel, deep down, that you are not good...if you were,
you'd leave me alone.
my heart is deceitful, Lord...and where could i go?

i follow my own ways, my sinful ways...over and over,
cause You, My Lord, aren't powerful,
you can't deliver me from the power and bondage of sin,
Lord, my sin is great...please, please forgive me

Where is the grace of God?
Lord, let me taste and see that the Lord is good,
and in a sinful, dark, world,
let me see the God who parted the Red Sea

Lord, i need rest
i sin over and over again,
i wonder if i make any progress,
Lord, love me...i am your child Johnny

and Lord, like me too
show me that not only are you preparing me...
yea, to be more like Jesus (is this really true, my Lord?)
but show me that you like spending time with me.

Lord, i may be back soon..tomorrow or maybe in just an hour,
be patient with me, hear my psalm...your boy, Johnny's psalm,
He hurts, he's weak, he doubts, he fears, he's stubborn,
yet Lord, i'm yours, and because of Jesus, the cross, hear my prayer

No comments: